The inability to trust ourselves is the most menacing danger.
#NadirasPointOfReview: The Grip of It by Jac Jemc.
Synopsis: James and Julie buy a house to start a new life, only to be haunted by it.
- Superbly designed cover – with hidden creepy illustrations!
- Fantastic prologue! Action starts right away!
- Short sentence. Short chapters. Quick-paced flow to the story.
- Great buildup of the Eerie premise with some chillingly spooky moments.
- Unnecessary rambling in the middle. Sentences and chapters started to become longer.
- Some things just seem too unrealistic by the rational mind. Doesn’t mean it adds to the supernatural effect.
- The ending doesn’t answer all your questions.
Bottom Line: The Grip of It was successful in gripping me and my reading buddies so much that it became difficult to discern what was real and what was not. However, the momentum was lost.
My Rating: 3 stars ⭐⭐⭐.
Thank you to FSG Original for sending me this book, in exchange for an honest review.